New Blog - Moon Blossom

I have a new blog (follow link on side). Feel free to look here as well!

About Me

My photo
I'm married with two beautiful girls, my family is my world. My love of photography and taking pictures of my babies urged me to start my own website. I'm a stay at home Mom and couldn't be more proud , there's nothing on earth I'd rather do more than be apart of their everyday lives.

Beautiful Gorgeous #1

Beautiful Gorgeous #1
Bella 4 years - aka Bepp

BeautifulGorgeous #2

BeautifulGorgeous #2
Ava 1 year - aka Taji

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy 232nd Birthday















Tomorrow America will celebrate it's 232nd Birthday, hopefully we remember the real reason we celebrate this day - not just another day off :) Independence Day - has great meaning; "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness", people fought for our freedom and still fight for the freedom of others - imagine not being able to be your own person, this truly is a day to celebrate!
I'll be posting some pics from a photo shoot I did a while back; it was of the 127th Combat Fire Dawgs Deployment. It was a very emotional time for all present, but I feel blessed to have been part of such a thing. Even though I felt for all of the families, one in particular has weighed on my heart and mind since that day. I really tried to remove myself from the raw emotion of the moment, but I just couldn't this time. The little girl was around my daughter's age and when it was time for her Daddy to leave - the sadness was just overwhelming, she just cried and called out for Daddy. I can't imagine the heartache for all involved, the Daddy having to leave his family, the Mom having to be strong for her little girl when she's being torn apart on the inside and the sweet little girl not understanding why all of this is happening - but when she's old enough to understand she'll be so proud of her Daddy. My prayers go out to all of the families and all who serve and fight for our freedom. There really is no way to show true appreciation for what our soldiers do, but we can keep praying and supporting them the best way we know how.
Thank you again to the families for letting me be part of that trying day.

"Freedom, the last best hope for earth."
-Abraham Lincoln

No comments: